Happy Birthday to me! I’m 25 this year and I’ve been blessed in so many ways! It feels like 25 is so old (I know it’s not though) and like now I have to start planning the rest of my life. The PRESSURE. I’ve feel comforted by the idea that I still have my entire life ahead of me and that the best way to do things are by doing them slowly. Taking things one day at a time. I’ve created a list of 25 things I’ve learned in my 25 years of living (below). I hope you all enjoy it! What are some things you’ve learned while living so far? I’ll love to hear them! Comment below! 🙂
25 Things I’ve Learned in 25 years
1. It’s ok to cry, it cleanses the soul.
2. There are things that you won’t be able to understand, no matter how hard you try, and that’s ok.
3. There’s power in love. A lot of it.
4. When you’re raised by a strong, caring, “won’t stop at anything to make sure you’re good” mother…it’s called being blessed.
5. Being Black is lit.
6. Worry never changes anything, action does.
7. Some people are committed to misunderstanding you, you must not entertain or hurt yourself trying to get them to understand you. Remember, they’re committed to misunderstanding you.
8. Things deemed as impossible happen everyday, never stop believing.
9. Faith without works is dead.
10. Respect is one of the most treasured and valuable things that anyone can give you.
11. Mind your business.
12. Stay true to yourself. Never let someone who is not worthy make you behave like them. Why become something that you don’t even agree with, just to get even? It’s not worth it. Stay there and stay true to what you know and believe is right.
13. What people think of you is none of your business.
14. Black men…I believe in you.
15. Never let someone make a fool of you twice.
16. Forgiveness is necessary. Putting up with bullshit is not.
17. Want vs. Need. I find that most people believe that need is stronger than want. Can’t say that I agree. I feel that needs can be selfish and self-centered. While a want is genuine and not necessary. But that’s the power in it. My want is totally up to me, so me wanting you is a genuine choice. If I needed you, you couldn’t be too sure if that’s because of my own selfish need or my mind just telling me so.
18. Pressure makes diamonds.
19. Never apologize for how you feel. That’s equivalent to apologizing for being real.
20. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.
21. Never let anyone tell you, you can’t do something just because they can’t.
22. 2nd chances are ok, if they’re deserved.
23. Know your worth and add taxes to it.
24. Don’t allow negative energy or people to consume you and turn you into them.
25. Be yourself, unapologetically. It’s beautiful.